This course provides you with the knowledge you need to efficiently run your ADABAS databases. You will acquire in- depth information about the technical administration and maintenance of ADABAS. Among other topics, you will learn to perform all tasks needed to define, maintain and monitor an ADABAS database.
- Knowledge of the ADABAS architecture and functioning as acquired in the course "ADABAS Fundamentals"
- Knowledge of z/OS operating system and TP monitor (Complete, CICS, TSO, etc.)
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for ADABAS mainframe system administrators.
- Setting up an ADABAS database
- Planning and setting up an ADABAS system environment
- Fundamentals of ADABAS file design
- File definition
- Administration of the ADABAS system environment
- Planning and execution of restart and recovery
- Monitoring and optimizing the system environment
- Problem analysis and maintenance
- Storing concepts of spanned records and large objects