Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure MOC 20764-C course imparts skills and knowledge to manage and maintain SQL Server databases while operating on a SQL database infrastructure. This Microsoft SQL Server its based on the 2016 release. The courseware has been updated thru 2022 updates and releases. The training is for individuals who are responsible for administering SQL databases or who develop applications that extract content from SQL server DB. SQL Database Infrastructure course will teach candidates various aspects of operating a SQL database, including authentication, ensuring integrity and security of data, managing permissions to access resources, importing and exporting data, backup and restore among others.
Before taking this course, students should have knowledge of writing T-SQL queries, and working knowledge of relational databases.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
The training is for individuals who are responsible for administering SQL databases or who develop applications that extract content from SQL server DB.
- Understanding Modern Server Security and Compliance
- What is data security?
- Advanced SQL Server Modern Security – Planning and Design
- Assigning Server and Database Roles
- Authorizing Users to Access Resources
- Understanding Data Protection, thru Encryption
- Introduction to Modern Backup and Recovery Models Strategies
- Restoring SQL Server Databases, 2016 and newer
- Understanding Modern Automation using SQL Server Management Studio
- Monitoring SQL Server with Alerts and Notifications
- Introduction to Managing SQL Server by using PowerShell
- Monitoring and Tracing Access to SQL Server with Extended events
- Troubleshooting SQL Server
- Importing and Exporting Data (Optional)