This course will help you to learn the ins and outs of database administration and gain hands-on experience automating, backing up, restoring and troubleshooting SQL Server.
This course will equip you with the skills you need to manage databases with confidence. Pre-Requisites: Students should have familiar with
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL and of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
The targeted audience for this course is Administers and Developers.
- SQL Server Security
- Assigning Server and Database Roles
- Authorizing Users to Access Resources
- Protecting Data with Encryption and Auditing
- Recovery Models and Backup Strategies
- Backup of SQL Server Databases
- Restoring SQL Server 2016 Databases
- Automating SQL Server Management
- Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
- Monitoring SQL Server with Alerts and Notifications
- Introduction to Managing SQL Server by using PowerShell
- Tracing Access to SQL Server with Extended events
- Monitoring SQL Server
- Troubleshooting SQL Server
- Importing and Exporting Data