Adobe After Effects is the industry-standard tool for designing professional motion graphics and digital visual effects for use in film, television, and web video. Motion-graphics professionals, visual effects artists, and other professionals use animations and composites created in After Effects everywhere from your local news station to Hollywood’s biggest blockbuster films. During this three-day training course, students will learn all of the tools and techniques necessary to create high-quality motion graphics. These skills will include: using and creating effects presets, working with transparency, animating content originally created in Photoshop and Illustrator, motion tracking objects, working with 3D, and much more.
Before taking this course, some experience with Photoshop and/or Premiere Pro is beneficial, but not required, for success.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for those wanting to learn all of the tools and techniques necessary to create high-quality motion graphics.
- Navigate the After Effects interface and identify how the different tools are used in the workflow
- Create basic animations and special effects using presets
- Manipulate key frames and layers
- Create, import, and animate text
- Use parenting and pre-compositions to simplify complex scenes
- Generate composites using transparency, mattes, and other effects
- Use motion tracking to create compositions with movement
- Define transparency with keying to easily remove backgrounds
- Basic color correction techniques
- Enhance 2D footage with the 3D elements using the 3D camera tracker