Loading Course Schedule...
Before taking this course, students should have knowledge of the TOGAF Architecture Development Method or comparable enterprise architecture methods, ArchiMate modeling, and at least one programming or scripting language, participants learn both technical and interpersonal skills that prepare them to guide complex initiatives.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for Business Analysts, Business Architects, Enterprise Architects, and Solution Architects.
- Introduction to the simulation business domain and scenario created for this course, which requires all layers and aspects of the ArchiMate language, including the more recent Strategy and Physical layers
- An in-depth tour of Archi
- Getting data in and out of Archi
- Collaborating with Archi and Github (applicable to any git-based repository, including internal services, Gitlab, Bitbucket, etc.
- Scripting with Archi
- Analyzing and visualizing data with Archi and Excel
- Introduction to the simulation process
- Organization of the class into pairs that share a model repository, and alternatively play the roles of stakeholder and modeler.
- Modelers interview stakeholders, who base their answers on notes that only they are provided.
- Modelers elaborate skeletal architectural views and analysis scripts based on the interviews
- Then modelers present elaborated views and scripts to stakeholders, using their feedback to refine their work.
- The simulation is divided into Simulation Chapters (SCs), each 30 minutes or longer depending on their complexity. After each SC, participants switch between stakeholder and modeler roles.
- SC 1: Modeling Stakeholders and Their Concerns
- SC 2: Capability Modeling
- SC 3: Baseline Business Architecture
- SC 4: Baseline Application Architecture
- SC 5: Baseline Technology and Physical Architecture
- SC 6: Identification and Comparison of Potential ::Courses of Action
- SC 7: Target Business Architecture
- SC 8: Target Application Architecture
- SC 9: Target Technology and Physical Architecture
- SC 10: Implementation and Migration Plan
- Reflection and Closing