This course is intended for end-users, report developers, and application developers who need to simplify and streamline business reporting and analysis. The course covers specialized Excel techniques and introduces you to Microsofts Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) language using the Essbase Extended Macro Language. By the end of this course you will be able to automate business processes using VBA macros and your Essbase database.
Students should be proficient with Microsoft Excel and have a familiarity with the Essbase Spreadsheet Add-in.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for end users, analysts, and designers of Essbase reports and/or applications.
- ssbase Spreadsheet Toolkit features and overview
- Macro terminology
- Toolkit terminology
- Recording macros
- Writing and editing macros
- Adding controls to the worksheet
- Understanding Essbase macros
- Declaring Essbase functions
- Using Essbase functions
- Building Essbase macros for reporting
- Formatting and layout considerations
- Building dynamic Essbase reports
- Essbase macros to control the environment
- Automating Essbase reporting
- Designing report templates
- Workshop Build a Dynamic reporting application