Students who complete this course will be able to accomplish work using TSO/ISPF more effectively than before due to understanding: ISPF facilities for tailoring, keeping track of appointments, DSLIST capabilities, edit macros, and DDLIST.
Before taking this course, student should have experience using ISPF/PDF. Knowledge such as contained in courses TSO/ISPF in z/OS (PT5543) and ISPF Update (PT5544) or equivalent experience is required.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for programmers and analysts who work with ISPF regularly and who need an update on the latest ISPF features and a more in-depth awareness of existing features.
Tailoring ISPF Status Area
- ISPF appointment book
- Nested commands
- START, ISPFVAR, CURSOR, CRETRIEV, NRETRIEV commands
- DSLIST line and primary commands
- Edit COMPARE command
- Search and Compare Dialogs (3.12, 3.13, 3.14, 3.15)
- Browse enhancements - non-EBCDIC data support
- EDIT and VIEW of ASCII data
- Introduction to edit macros
- The DDLIST facility (ISRDDN)