Loading Course Schedule...
This course is designed for programmers who are familiar with Java and who want to learn about the server side programming. This will teach students to build database enabled J2EE Web programming knowledge and skills in the MyEclipse using Servlets, JSP and related technology. The students will learn how to build a web application using the Model-View-Controller (or MVC or Model II) design paradigm. Students will write simple JSPs, write and use JavaBeans. Various aspects of accessing data and managing state efficiently are covered, including JDBC and HTTP session management. The students will also learn how to apply common Gang of Four Design Patterns and J2EE Design Patterns in their web applications.
The student should have a working knowledge of Java programming and some experience with HTML.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for programmers who are familiar with basic java programming.
- JEE 5 Architecture Overview
- UML - An Overview
- Object Oriented Design Concepts
- Basic Design Patterns
- Gang of Four Design Patterns
- Overview of HTML
- JavaServer Pages
- Integrating Servlet and JSPs
- Model View Controller
- Generics and Collections Framework
- J2EE Patterns - An Overview
- Applying J2EE Design Patterns
- Appendix A Navigating MyEclipse
- Appendix B Integrating MyEclipse and Weblogic Server