High-quality test designs and specifications are the key to precise test cases and an efficient and effective testing process. This hands-on course provides technical test analysts with the ability to define and carry out the tasks required to fulfill the test strategy in terms of technical requirements. This training course presents a comprehensive overview of methods and techniques for deriving and specifying software tests based on the system’s implementation and structure (“white box tests”). On completing the course, attendees will be able to select and apply techniques for test case derivation such as control flow or data flow testing as well as static and dynamic analysis. We will look at non-functional testing techniques such as reliability testing, portability testing, performance, load and stress testing. We will also discuss how to succeed in building robust automation architectures and using a variety of tools to reach quality targets.
- You must have obtained an ISTQB Foundation Level Certification (CTFL) to be eligible for Advanced Level Certification and have 3 years of experience.
- Prior to attending class please download and review the following document: Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst Syllabus
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
The target audience for this course includes:
- Software testers
- Senior testers
- Test analysts
- Test leads
- The Technical Test Analyst's Tasks in Risk-Based Testing
- Structure-Based Testing
- Analytical Techniques
- Quality Characteristics for Technical Testing
- Test Tools and Automation