This course provides advanced techniques with IBM Cognos' Report Studio. Topics include the Query Explorer, bursting reports, advanced prompting, drillthrough definitions, active reports, using external data, working with dimensional data and more. The course format includes lecture, instructor-led exercises and independent workshops.
Completion of Reporting on the Web or experience with Report Studio is required.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for Report authors and developers who will create and maintain complex reports in Report Studio.
- Review of IBM Cognos 10 & Report Studio
- Introduction to the Query Explorer
- Introduction to Bursting
- Advanced Prompting
- Introduction to Active Reports
- Use External Data
- Advanced Reporting
- Working with Dimensional Models
- Introduction to Event Studio
- HTML Items (Appendix)
- Import and Export XML Reports (Appendix)