Loading Course Schedule...
This course provides an in-depth study of selected advanced (UCOB) topics. This course emphasizes all topics with hands-on workshop for the students.
The prerequisite for this course is ECL and a standard Unisys editor (such as IPF) Intermediate COBOL Programming course or equivalent.
5 Days/Lecture & LAb
This course is designed for COBOL programmers.
- Create and Use MULTI-DIMENSIONAL Tables
- Correctly use SET, SEARCH, and SEARCH ALL
- Load and Write Tables
- Create and Use COBOL "copy" Procs
- Create and Use Subroutines/Subprograms
- Pass Data in/out of Subroutines using LINKAGE SECTION
- Pass Data in/out of Subroutines using COMMON-STORAGE SECTION
- Use the String Manipulation Commands
- Understand the format and purpose of the Run Condition Word (RCW)
- Pass information to/from COBOL and ECL using the RCW and @SETC/@TEST
- Correctly use the Intrinsic Functions