This course introduces fundamentals concepts related to artificial intelligence (AI), and the services in Microsoft Azure that can be used to create AI solutions. The course is not designed to teach students to become professional data scientists or software developers, but rather to build awareness of common AI workloads and the ability to identify Azure services to support them. The course is designed as a blended learning experience that combines instructor-led training with online materials on the Microsoft Learn platform (https://azure.com/learn). The hands-on exercises in the course are based on Learn modules, and students are encouraged to use the content on Learn as reference materials to reinforce what they learn in the class and to explore topics in more depth.
Prerequisite certification is not required before taking this course. Successful Azure AI Fundamental students start with some basic awareness of computing and internet concepts, and an interest in using Azure AI services. Specifically:
- Experience using computers and the internet.
- Interest in use cases for AI applications and machine learning models.
- A willingness to learn through hands-on exploration.
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
The Azure AI Fundamentals course is designed for anyone interested in learning about the types of solution artificial intelligence (AI) makes possible, and the services on Microsoft Azure that you can use to create them. You don’t need to have any experience of using Microsoft Azure before taking this course, but a basic level of familiarity with computer technology and the Internet is assumed. Some of the concepts covered in the course require a basic understanding of mathematics, such as the ability to interpret charts. The course includes hands-on activities that involve working with data and running code, so a knowledge of fundamental programming principles will be helpful.
- Get started with AI on Azure
- Use Automated Machine Learning in Azure Machine Learning
- Create a regression model with Azure Machine Learning designer
- Create a classification model with Azure Machine Learning designer
- Create a clustering model with Azure Machine Learning designer
- Analyze images with the Computer Vision service
- Classify images with the Custom Vision service
- Detect objects in images with the Custom Vision service
- Detect and analyze faces with the Face service
- Read text with the Computer Vision service
- Analyze receipts with the Form Recognizer service
- Analyze text with the Language service
- Recognize and synthesize speech
- Translate text and speech
- Create a language model with Conversational Language Understanding
- Build a bot with the Language Service and Azure Bot Service