This course teaches the basic working environment of an IBM AIX system. It introduces commonly required operations that can be performed by entering commands interactively in a command terminal, along with functions available in the Common Desktop Environment (CDE). This course is taught for the following IBM AIX platforms: POWER4+, all AIX operating system versions.
This course is considered to be the basic IBM AIX course.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
- Understanding the User Environment
- Getting Started with the Command Language
- Creating and Editing Text Files: Part 1
- Creating and Editing Text Files: Part 2
- Improving the User Interface
- Shell Script Procedures
- Print and Batch Mechanisms
- Basic Archiving Techniques