Loading Course Schedule...
This IBM AIX System Administration training course is designed to give students practical experience in the administration of an AIX System. Reference will be made to the AIX commands required to administer the system, although practical work will concentrate on using the System Management Interface Tool (SMIT) to achieve the course objectives. Although the course is based on AIX Version 6.1 it is also appropriate for prior releases of AIX.
The course assumes knowledge of the AIX Operating System to the level covered in the AIX Basics Course. Some shell programming experience may also prove advantageous; this can be gained on the AIX Shell Programming Course.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
The course is designed for AIX System Administrators and Programmers and other Technical IT staff who require a full working knowledge of how to administer an AIX system.
- The Role of the System Administrator
- System Startup and Shutdown Procedures
- AIX Installation
- Using the System Management Interface Tool (SMIT)
- The Visual System Management Tools
- Using Web Based Information Browser
- AIX Filesystems and Storage
- Looking after Filesystems
- Configuring Filesystems
- Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
- Journaled Filesystems
- Paging Space
- Adding and Removing Users
- Managing Groups
- Printer and Terminal Configuration
- Backup and Restore Commands
- Background Jobs and Scheduling
- Basic Network Configuration
- Software Installation and Maintenance