This course will teach the commands and methods needed to setup and manage advanced features in a UNIX system. The course will also use a problem solving approach in the lab exercises to teach system managers the proper application of advanced features.
It is assumed that the student has completed the Fundamentals of AIX and the IBM AIX Systems Administration: Essential Operations courses, or has equivalent system experience.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
- Review of System Concepts for Systems Administrators
- Advanced Network Features
- File Transfer Capabilities
- Advanced Network File System (NFS) Features
- Using and Configuring Samba
- Name Services
- Configuring Remote Printers
- Tape Device Access through TCP/IP
- Maintaining System Integrity