This Tomcat Administration for Linux class covers the important topics of administering the Tomcat server including installation, directory structure, configuration using server.xml, web application deployment, the manager tool, JNDI data sources, logging, and monitoring and management of the server. Note: This course is appropriate for users of all versions of Tomcat, including Tomcat 6.0, 7.0, and 8.0.
Experience in the following areas would be beneficial:Experience with Java is helpful.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
- Tomcat Introduction
- Installing Tomcat
- Tomcat Directory Structure
- Configuring Tomcat A.Role of serverxml
- Deploying Web
- The Tomcat Manager
- JNDI Data Sources and JDBC
- Monitoring and Performance Tuning Tomcat
- Clustering A.Using Clustering for Replication and Load Balancing