This advanced level workshop is designed to teach participants how to develop the architecture for a functioning test automation framework within Appium.
For this course, students should possess 1-2 years minimum background in programming (e.g., Java or similar language) and/or scripting, as well as a thorough understanding of Appium features and functions.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is targeted towards automated test engineers and software developers.
- Why is Framework important?
- Framework Generations
- Framework Structures
- Java and Object Oriented Concepts
- Creating a simple App
- Object Spy – Utilizing the Appium inspector
- Create a POM structure for the sample App
- Create a POM structure for a mobile App
- Appium mobile Locators and Identifiers for Names, IDs, XML, XPath, Accessibility IDs, and Classes
- Different methods for executing Appium tests
- Appium with Java and TestNG
- Debugging Techniques for Appium tests
- Understanding Test Driven Development (TDD) and how to support it with Appium
- Understanding User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and how to support it with Appium
- Understand how to leverage Java Reflection and Appium to create a Keyword driven structure
- Adding an HTML Report
- Common automation hindrances and how to overcome them
- Applying the framework to a new application
- The Selenium Grid