Databases, Business Intelligence & Data Science
Data Science & AI
This comprehensive active course provides leaders and practitioners with both a strategic and tactical orientation to predictive analytics. Participants will build an analytic operation in stages to experience the natural messiness of predictive analytics. No other training in the market provides such an immersive, skill-reinforcing, and complete view of the practice – particularly with a real-world focus and vendor-neutral perspective.
If you are a business or public sector leader or practitioner looking to propel your organization’s analytic maturity and put predictive analytics to work for measurable gain, then this course is designed for you. You do not need to know how code or have stats experience to participate.
Traditionally, organizations use data retrospectively – to view what has already happened. Leading organizations use data strategically to anticipate behavior to maximize returns and minimize risk. The mining of data for predictive indicators creates invaluable information assets. Predictive analytics differs from traditional analytics because it produces models — models that capture and represent hidden patterns and interactions in the data.
The models that result from such a proactive approach address both why things happened and what is likely to happen next. A user can pose “what-if” questions to an analytic model that cannot be queried directly from a data store. Examples include:
- What is the expected lifetime value of every customer account?
- How can we better target the allocation of organizational resources?
- Which cases should be audited first for the highest propensity of fraud?
- How will production quality be affected if resources and controls change?
The organizations that transform their data into information assets and automate decision-making for measurable gains will realize substantial returns on their data science and big data investments.
This course provides a methodical, holistic, and strategic approach to predictive analytics. Most organizations jump directly into data and tools that tend to produce good models… and their projects fail. They fail because they have not anticipated how to integrate the project in the organization. Those who make the investment to fully assess their environment, situation, resources, and objectives across all team members will produce project results that are measurable, accountable, actionable, and impactful.
Unlike any other course on the market, the Comprehensive Experience course steps through the full build of an analytic operation within the realistic environment of a large organization. Leaders who take this course will interact more effectively with their teams at the tactical level, while analytic practitioners will complement their existing algorithmic background with a more strategic goal-driven focus.
In the end, the organization will be greatly strengthened with team members who operate within a common platform that makes predictive analytics purposeful and impactful. Those who complete this course will be capable of guiding their organization to build a thriving internal analytic practice with measurable and residual gains.
In the end, the organization will be greatly strengthened with team members who run from a common platform that insists on making predictive analytics purposeful and impactful. This course is intended for those willing to invest in developing skills for superior project design and incremental development to overcome chronic analytic failings. Those who complete this course will be capable of guiding their organization to stand up a thriving internal analytic practice with measurable and residual gains.
Registrants will be required to view a three-hour online video “Core Concepts” orientation prior to attending this event. Access details to the Core Concepts video modules will be shared with participants prior to the start of the course. Prior education or experience in data analytics or statistics is helpful, but not required.
Participants need only supply a laptop computer with Microsoft Excel. Instructions on how to download exercise data and any analytic tools will be provided in the preparatory email. The instructor can assist participants with any preparation during breaks, and before or after class.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for:
- IT executives and Big Data directors: CIOs, CAOs, CTOs, Stakeholders, Functional Officers, Technical Directors and Project Managers who desire to transform their deluge of inert data to actionable assets
- Line-of-Business Executives and Functional Managers: Risk Managers, Customer Relationship Managers, Business Forecasters, Inventory Flow Analysts, Financial Forecasters, Direct Marketing Analysts, Medical Diagnostic Analysts, eCommerce Company Executives
- Data Scientists: Who recognize the importance of complementing their tactical proficiency with a strategic planning and design approach to advanced analytics
- Technology Planners: Who survey emerging technologies in order to prioritize corporate investment
- Consultants: Whose competitive environment is intensifying and whose success requires competency with data mining and related emerging information technologies
- The Tasks of the Model Phase