This two-day instructor-led course prepares students to modernize, manage, and observe their applications using Kubernetes whether the application is deployed on-premises or on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Through presentations, and hands-on labs, participants explore and deploy using Kubernetes Engine (GKE), GKE Connect, Istio service mesh and Anthos Config Management capabilities that enable operators to work with modern applications even when split among multiple clusters hosted by multiple providers, or on-premises. This is a continuation of Architecting with GKE and assumes hands-on experience with the technologies covered in that course.
To get the most out of this course, participants should have:
- Completed Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure or have equivalent experience
- Completed Architecting with GKE or have equivalent experience
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
- Technical employees using GCP, including customer companies, partners and system integrators: deployment engineers, cloud architects, cloud administrators, system engineers , and SysOps/DevOps engineers.
- Individuals using GCP to create, integrate, or modernize solutions using secure, scalable microservices architectures in hybrid environments.
- Anthos Overview
- Managing Hybrid Clusters using Kubernetes Engin
- Introduction to Service Mesh
- Observing Services using Service Mesh Adapters
- Manage Traffic Routing with Service Mesh
- Manage Policies and Security with Service Mesh
- Managing Policies using Anthos Config ::Management
- Configuring Anthos GKE for Multi-Cluster Operation