This course teaches Solutions Architects who have previously designed for Amazon Web Services how to translate business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable solutions for Azure. Lessons include virtualization, automation, networking, storage, identity, security, data platform, and application infrastructure. This course outlines how decisions in each theses area affects an overall solution
- Experience (>1year) as an AWS Architect designing secure and scalable AWS cloud solutions across storage structures, compute, networking, and the interaction with external resources/services.
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including: VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, ::Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
- Understanding of programming fundamentals and use of a scripting language.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is for AWS Cloud Architects with expertise in designing and implementing solutions running on AWS who now want to design for Microsoft Azure
- Introduction to Azure
- Azure global infrastructure
- Implement Azure Active Directory
- Implement and manage hybrid identities
- Implement virtual networking
- Implement VMs for Windows and Linux
- Implement load balancing and network security
- Implement container-based applications
- Implement an application infrastructure
- Implement storage accounts
- Implement NoSQL databases
- Implement Azure SQL databases
- Implement cloud infrastructure monitoring
- Implement and manage Azure governance solutions
- Manage security for applications
- Migration, backup, and disaster recovery management