This course provides the knowledge and skills to design and implement DevOps processes and practices. Students will learn how to plan for DevOps, use source control, scale Git for an enterprise, consolidate artifacts, design a dependency management strategy, manage secrets, implement continuous integration, implement a container build strategy, design a release strategy, set up a release management workflow, implement a deployment pattern, and optimize feedback mechanisms.
Fundamental knowledge about Azure, version control, Agile software development, and core software development principles. It would be helpful to have experience in an organization that delivers software.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
Students in this course are interested in implementing DevOps processes or in passing the Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions certification exam.
- Planning for DevOps
- Getting started with Source Control
- Scaling Git for enterprise DevOps
- Consolidating Artifacts & Designing a Dependency Management Strategy
- Implementing Continuous Integration with Azure Pipelines
- Managing Application Config and Secrets
- Managing Code Quality and Security Policies
- Implementing a Container Build Strategy
- Manage Artifact versioning, security & compliance
- Design a Release Strategy
- Set up a Release Management Workflow
- Implement an appropriate deployment pattern