This course teaches IT Professionals how to manage core Windows Server workloads and services using on-premises, hybrid, and cloud technologies. The course teaches IT Professionals how to implement and manage on-premises and hybrid solutions such as identity, management, compute, networking, and storage in a Windows Server hybrid environment.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience with managing Windows Server operating system and Windows Server workloads in on-premises scenarios, including AD DS, DNS, DFS, Hyper-V, and File and Storage Services
- Experience with common Windows Server management tools (implied in the first prerequisite).
- Basic knowledge of core Microsoft compute, storage, networking, and virtualization technologies.
- Experience and an understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and ::Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Experience working with and an understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V and basic server virtualization concepts.
- Basic experience with implementing and managing IaaS services in Microsoft Azure.
- Basic knowledge of Azure Active Directory.
- Experience working hands-on with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 10 or Windows 11.
- Basic experience with Windows PowerShell.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This four-day course is intended for Windows Server Hybrid Administrators who have experience working with Windows Server and want to extend the capabilities of their on-premises environments by combining on-premises and hybrid technologies. Windows Server Hybrid Administrators implement and manage on-premises and hybrid solutions such as identity, management, compute, networking, and storage in a Windows Server hybrid environment.
- Identify services in Windows Server
- Implementing identity in hybrid scenarios
- Windows Server administration
- Facilitating hybrid management
- Hyper-V virtualization in Windows Server
- Implementing and configuring virtualization in Windows Server
- Deploying and configuring Azure VMs
- Network infrastructure services in Windows Server
- Implementing hybrid networking infrastructure
- File servers and storage management in Windows Server
- Implementing a hybrid file server infrastructure