In this course students will code, assemble and execute a series of programs using fixed point and decimal instructions and file access.
Students should have at least 6 months of experience with TSO/ISPF and JCL. Previous experience in designing and coding application programs will be helpful, but is not needed.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is for application and systems programmers who need to develop programs using the IBMs High Level Assembler.
- What is Assembler Language?
- Defining Storage Areas and Constants
- Packed Decimal Processing
- Data Movement Instructions
- Assembling and Executing Your Program
- Conditional Processing
- Formatting Output Data
- Binary Processing
- Table Processing
- Program Linkage
- Sequential File Processing
- Program Addressability and DSECTs
- What to Know Before You Go
- Appendix A - Analyzing Abend-AID Dumps
- Appendix B - Analyzing DumpMaster Dumps
- Appendix C - Using the IBM Fault Analyzer
- Appendix D - Analyzing IBM SYSUDUMPs
- Appendix E - Binary and Hexadecimal Number Systems
- Appendix F - Solutions to Written Exercises
- Appendix G Solutions to Lab Exercises