This course teaches students how to create spreadsheet reports, perform analysis, and build production reporting solutions. It teaches a thorough understanding of the Essbase Spreadsheet Add-in, as well as important multidimensional concepts, fundamental spreadsheet topics, ad-hoc reporting techniques, and several advanced subjects.
Students should be proficient with Microsoft Excel.
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for end-users, analysts, and designers of Essbase reports.
- OLAP & multidimensionality concepts
- Essbase Analytic Services architecture
- Essbase Spreadsheet Add-in menu and toolbars
- Overview of sample database
- Connect to an Essbase database
- Retrieve and manipulate data
- Retrieve methods
- Develop reports
- Zoom and pivot commands
- Essbase options
- Formulas and formatting
- Query Designer
- Lock and send
- Linked objects
- Cascade reports
- Dynamic Times Series reports
- Attribute reports