Attendees of this course learn how to create and implement plans for performance tuning, scaling out, and automated monitoring. If you want to understand how to keep your BizTalk Server environments healthy, happy, and issue-free, this is the course for you. In this five-day course, you will learn how to design and run a variety of tests in a BizTalk Server environment, including: performance testing, load testing, and integration testing. You will learn how to measure your tests and analyze your testing data so you can apply the lessons learned from your tests to configure your hardware, network, SQL Server, and BizTalk Server for ideal performance and sustained health. Furthermore, you will learn about the inner workings of BizTalk Server host instances and the databases that support BizTalk Server. At the end of this course you will be able to apply all the lessons learned to configure BizTalk Server throttling to ensure sustainable throughput. This is an advanced-level course. Attendees are expected to have a working understanding of BizTalk Server administration concepts, including: application deployment, application management, and basic troubleshooting.
Before taking this course, students should have experience with core BizTalk Server administration concepts and skills. They should already know how to deploy applications, create deployment scripts, create/configure send and receive ports, and troubleshoot runtime exceptions.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for experienced BizTalk Server Administrators who have at least six months of hands-on experience managing BizTalk Server deployments, and experienced BizTalk Server Developers who support operations personnel with running health checks and performance tuning.
- Review of BizTalk Server Administration Fundamentals
- Managing BizTalk Server Applications
- Understanding Hosts and Host Instances
- Tracking BizTalk Server Activity
- Handling Runtime Exceptions
- Testing Practices and Methodologies
- Monitoring BizTalk Server
- Automated Monitoring of BizTalk Server
- Optimizing BizTalk Server Performance
- Performance Tuning the BizTalk Server Platform
- Performance Tuning SQL Server
- Optimizing Resource Usage through Throttling
- Maintaining a Healthy BizTalk Server Environment