As a BizTalk Server developer, you know that learning BizTalk Server can be difficult. You've seen the power of BizTalk Server and know that there's more waiting for you to tap into. This course can take you from novice to expert in just five days of training! This course is designed specifically for experienced BizTalk Server developers and focuses on best practices and pattern-based design while pulling back the curtain on some of BizTalk Server's eccentricities. This course gives the deepest coverage of the BizTalk Server development topics that you need to know. We guarantee to challenge the way you think about BizTalk Server application design and development. In this 5-day course, you will learn how to apply best practices and design patterns to build smarter BizTalk Server applications. Furthermore, this course provides extensive coverage of BizTalk Server's extensibility, including such topics as: custom functoids, custom pipeline components, and invoking external .NET methods. This course is intended for previous attendees of our BizTalk Server Developer Immersion course who have at least one year of hands-on experience developing BizTalk Server application solutions and wish to deepen their existing skill and knowledge. In this course, attendees will receive live instruction from one of our expert trainers, in-classroom demonstrations, challenging hands-on labs, and an electronic copy of the presentation materials and lab guide with hands-on activities. This is an advanced-level course. Attendees are expected to have working experience as BizTalk Server application developers. The lectures and labs in this course assume that attendees have been through the typical lifecycle of a BizTalk Server application at least once.
Before taking this course, students should have experience with core BizTalk Server development concepts and skills. The course assumes that attendees already know how to create schemas, maps, pipelines, and orchestrations, and are looking to enrich their understanding of these components, applying patterns and best practices to build smarter applications.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for experienced BizTalk Server Developers who have at least one year of hands-on experience developing BizTalk Server applications.
- Review of BizTalk Server Fundamentals
- Inner Workings of the Messaging Engine
- Designing and Testing Schemas
- Data Translation and Transformation
- Working with Message Interchanges
- Advanced Concepts of WCF Adapters
- Publishing and Consuming WCF and RESTful Services
- Advanced Orchestration Communication Patterns
- Bridging the Synchronous/Asynchronous Gap Across Multiple Channels
- Handling Orchestration Faults and Exceptions
- Implementing Transactions and Compensation
- Designing Custom Tracking Models for BizTalk Applications
- Building Declarative Logic Using the Business Rules Engine
- Advanced Concepts of the Business Rules Engine
- Integrating Across Business Boundaries Using Parties, Roles, and EDI