You worked really hard to create a great Android app that provides an enhanced experience for people accessing your content from their smartphones. But you quickly realize most of your users are still finding themselves on your website instead of your app and they most likely got there being sent by a Google search or an link on an email.
Don’t you wish there was a way to send those users into your app instead?
In this video from AnDevCon I’ll walk you though how to take advantage of two great Android technologies that allow you to do just that. They are called Deep Linking and App Indexing and together they can significantly improve how your users experience your service on their Android phone.
We’ll cover the code necessary to implement these powerful features on both your app and your website, allowing you to drive more traffic to your app and provide the experience you envisioned for your Android users.
- You will learn how to implement Deep Linking, allowing you to capture traffic directed at your website and redirect it to your app instead.
- We will go over how to implement App Indexing, allowing users to open your app directly from within Google’s search results.
- We will explore how to expose your app’s content by leveraging the App Indexing API, providing fast and easy access to specific content within your app.
- Google Developers: "App Indexing for Google Search"
- Article: "Making Your App Searching by Google"
- Video: "DevBytes: App Indexing"
- Video: "Google Developers: App Indexing API"
- Android Videos & Tutorials
- Android Training