This talk is about intervals and interval arithmetic. Erik Osheim is a member of Typelevel, he maintains the Scala library Spire (alongside Tom Switzer), and he does Data Science and “Data Janitorial Work” at Meetup.
Erik explains how algebraic type classes support arithmetic over a wide range of types, works through some cases, and demonstrates how intervals can also be used in the place of Ranges, Sets, and Loops.
- Basic description of the Interval[_] type
- Arithmetic, uncertainty, and error propagation
- Set operations and iteration
Check out more of the code Erik has written at: https://github.com/non.
- Scala Training from ProTech
- Video & Tutorials on Scala