Learn how to create awesome visuals and animations from Android UI Toolkit engineers, Romain Guy and Chet Haase.
In this presentation Romain and Chet will drill down into architecture, graphics and animations. You'll also get a look at some of the new Android API's coming in these areas.
Didn't make it to Devoxx 2K10? Well, find out what you might have missed, as this is the same presentation Romain and Chet delivered at Devoxx. Through demos, slides, and code examples you'll learn about:
- The Android graphics architecture
- Bitmap formats, and how to optimize for performance
- New graphics APIs you can use to spice up your apps
- Drawing tools (Paints, Shaders, ColorFilters, Xfermodes, and Bitmaps)
- Using animation to create great UI
About this event
This video comes from the event Learn About Android Graphics, Animations & UI tips+tricks Directly from Google organized by Marakana and presented by the San Francisco Android User Group on November 30, 2010.
Want to learn more about Android development?
Check out some of our Android training courses and tutorials.
In the Bay Area and want to see these community events first hand?
Check out the monthly user group meetups we organize.