At an event organized by LinkedIn and Engine Yard November 2, 2010, Antoine Toulme of Intalio gave a brief introduction to open-source build system Apache Buildr.
Buildr is a build system for Java-based applications that is built on Ruby's build system Rake, and uses Ruby as a scripting language.
Here's what you'll get from this 13-minute presentation:
- An Intro to Apache Buildr
- A few code examples
- A demo of Buildr in action
Check back later this week for videos on these presentations from the event:
- Learn about JRuby Internals from JRuby Core Developer, Thomas Enebo
- Replacing Java Incrementally with JRuby
- Check out how LinkedIn Uses JRuby on its Front-end
Check out the video and slides below. And as always, you can find more educational videos on Ruby and open-source at TechTV