What are Microservices?
Microservices are an architectural style as well as an organizational approach to developing software that is composed of small (micro) independent services that communicate over well-defined APIs. These services are owned by small, self-contained teams. Microservices depend on the enabling technologies (like DevOps, Containers, Kubernetes) being set up to support the services, but also on the organization having the culture and knowledge to support this model. Therefore, quality training is imperative.
What are the benefits of Microservices?
Microservices are a framework of both distributed and loosely coupled services that are optimized for DevOps and the Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery pipeline. It is the first evolution of SOA in the DevOps era.
Some other advantages of Microservices include:
- Polyglot - you are not constrained to a single technology. You can create Java Microservices or .NET microservices and they all behave the exact same way.
- It does not matter what language you use which means all development teams in the organization can create microservices
- Microservices integrate perfectly with CI/CD tools.
- Because the microservices are independent, one teams "bad" microservice does not break the overall application
- Microservices fits in well with the Agile methodology and you can quickly create services that align with business requirements
- See why companies like: Uber, PayPal, Amazon, NetFlix, eBay, Twitter, PayPal and others have adopted microservices!
Who is this webinar geared towards?
This 30-minute presentation is for anyone with some programming experience, in any language, who wants to learn more about what Microservices are and why they might use it!
What can I expect to get out of this presentation?
Our Microservices SME is Ernesto Lee. Ernesto is a best selling technical author and has been teaching for ProTech for 14 years. He has trained over 4,000 engineers, architects and developers in his 20+ year career and held senior positions in many fortune 500 companies. He has focused on Microservices for the past 4 years. In this presentation, you'll learn what Microservices are and how they fit into the big picture of modern application development. This 30-minute presentation includes a thorough examination of the concepts as well as a demo.