In this talk jQuery Project Team member, Jonathan Sharp, sets out to answer four main questions: Where'd jQuery Come from?, Why is it so popular? How has it changed development? How will it drive innovation?
In the scope of his talk Johnathan also touches on:
- What jQuery is not
- Query core, and jQuery project plugins
- The larger jQuery Project including the jQuery core, jQuery UI, and jQuery mobile
- jQuery going forward (HTML5, mobile browser support, official Plugins, growing corporate support services)
If you're interested in setting a foundation for diving deeper into jQuery development, or if you'd like to get a better understanding of where jQuery came from and how it will continue to drive innovation with emerging technologies, check out this video
Check out the other presentations from this event:
- 6-minute jQuery Jumpstart with the slideUp effect
- What's this jQuery? Where it came from, and how it will drive innovation
- Fundamentals for Great jQuery Development
About this event
Want to learn more about Java development?
Check out some of our Java training courses and tutorials.
Want to make it to these engaging community events yourself?
Check out some of the open source user groups Marakana organizes.