This course is designed to help technical staff learn the essential skills needed to get started automating a z/OS operating system using the BMC AutoOPERATOR family of software products.
Attendees should be familiar with MVS in general, and have a good working knowledge of MVS console operations in a sysplex environment. Previous exposure to REXX programming is recommended, but not absolutely required. ProTech courses MVS Skill Pack, MVS System Operation and Multiplatform REXX Programming provide this background knowledge.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for automation analysts and system programmers who are responsible for customizing BMC AutoOPERATOR.
- Introduction to BMC AutoOPERATOR, core and optional components
- AutoOPERATOR Architecture
- Navigating the MainView and AutoOPERATOR user interface.
- Coding and testing Message, command, and Time rules
- Using REXX with AutoOPERATOR
- Troubleshooting automation problems
- Hints and tips for successful, reliable operation