This course will teach students how to interconnect central sites to branch offices and home offices. Students will learn how to build, configure and troubleshoot a remote access network. This course also covers how to make bandwidth utilization over the remote links efficient and cost effective, as well as how to implement basic security measures to control remote access.
Students taking this course should have experience with Cisco router and switch configurations. It is also recommended for students to have taken an Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices course.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for networking professionals interested in building remote access networks or who are on the CCNP career certification track.
- Introduction to Remote Access Fundamentals
- Dial Access Solutions
- Configuring Asynchronous Communications
- Configuring Cisco Asynchronous Interfaces
- PPP Overview
- Windows Dial-Up Networking
- Dial-On-Demand Routing
- Cisco Device Configuration
- X.25 and Frame Relay
- Network Performance
- NAT, PAT, and AAA
- Security and Security Practices
- Introduction to New Networking Technologies