In this course, you will learn how to build an operational data lake that supports analysis of both structured and unstructured data. You will learn the components and functionality of the services involved in creating a data lake. You will use AWS Lake Formation to build a data lake, AWS Glue to build a data catalog, and Amazon Athena to analyze data. The course lectures and labs further your learning with the exploration of several common data lake architectures.
It is recommended that attendees of this course have:
- Working knowledge of core AWS services and public cloud implementation.
- One year of experience building data analytics pipelines or have completed Data Analytics Fundamentals.
- Attended one of Architecting on AWS, Developing on AWS, or Systems Operations on AWS.
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
Those who can benefit from this Building Data Lakes on AWS course include:
- Data platform engineers
- Solutions Architects
- IT professionals
- Introduction to data lakes
- Data ingestion, cataloging, and preparation
- Data processing and analytics
- Building a data lake with AWS Lake Formation
- Additional Lake Formation configurations
- Architecture and course review