Learn how to map the business processes required by your organization to future systems specifications. Develop practice in applying detailed techniques of business process modeling for processes that cut across multiple business areas. Link business processes to organizational objectives, perform critical path analysis, and identify opportunities for business process improvement. Gain in-depth skill in business process modeling through a mix of lectures, quizzes, case studies, hands-on training and client subject-area workshops – achieving an effective skills transfer within a relevant, real-world process modeling context.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for business analysts, subject matter experts, and process improvement analysts seeking hands-on training in using structured business process modeling techniques.
- Introducing Basic Business Process Modeling Techniques
- Investigating Organizational Objectives, Critical Success Factors and Processes
- Analyzing Core and Related Processes and Process Steps
- Connecting Organizational Units and Roles to Process Steps
- Modeling Process Triggers and Triggering Processes
- Modeling Flows: Information, Material and Other
- Documenting Data Stores and Their Relationship to Entities
- Information-Gathering Tips for Process Modelers
- Identifying External Triggers and Events; Time-Based Events
- Documenting Business Rules and Logic Conditions
- Performing Critical Path Analysis and Process Improvement
- Related Techniques: Function Hierarchy and Dataflow Modeling
- Quality Assurance Techniques for Process Modeling