This is a hands-on course to instruct application programmers in the basics of using Easytrieve to increase productivity in the test and production environments. Attendees will be able to create adhoc reports, use sorting procedures, create output files, and match files to speed up all tasks that are currently done using COBOL or other languages. Skeleton JCL and exercises will enable each person to begin using Easytrieve immediately when they return to their application areas. This course can be taught in v6.4 compatibility mode.
Participants should have a working knowledge of JCL and some type of programming exposure, but if not, can add TSO editing first hour and how to submit jobs on the mainframe.
3 days/Lecture & Lab
Programmers or Analysts who need to do report formatting and file manipulation in an IBM mainframe environment.
- Understand the Easytrieve program sections, terms, and their syntax
- Understand the syntax and power of Easytrieve's branch logic
- Create well-structured Easytrieve Code
- Understand the wide variety of reporting options available
- Write multiple reports from a single pass of a file
- Understand Easytrieve's table processing capabilities
- Demonstrate the data manipulation and file handling features
- Compile and execute an Easytrieve program from object code
- MACROS, If's,
- External and Instream tables and redefined working-storage
- Subroutine processing
- Array processing, DO WHILE
- SORTing files, Virtual files
- Match Files