Loading Course Schedule...
This course is designed for the attendee who understands REXX and is ready to take the next step toward developing CA-OPS/MVS applications. The course will show you how to construct, manage and maintain your applications. This course will provide a solid foundation upon which your automation team can begin to effectively build a “real world” automation plan. Procedures that will be discussed in class include standards, managing libraries, automation procedures, and your automation plan. This course is designed to enable the student to create, execute, debug and maintain Relational Data Framework (RDF) and System State Manager (SSM) applications. The course will walk the student through the logic necessary to create an application using RDF and SSM. Some of the applications that will be discussed are IPL, network management, on-line tracking and downtime tracking.
Before taking this course, students should have the following:
- An understanding of REXX
- Previous attendance in Protech’s “Understanding and Using CA-OPS/MVS” course, or have equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Attendees should have completed the ProTech “REXX in a Multi-Platform Environment” course or possess equivalent knowledge: knowledge of standard REXX clauses, keywords, and functions
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
- This course is designed for Operations personnel, Automation Analysts, Systems Programmers working with Automation.
- This course is designed for users new to CA-OPS/MVS.
- CA-OPS/MVS Introduction
- OPSVIEW Essentials
- Multi-System Facility (MSF)
- Intro to OPS/REXX
- Advanced OPS/REXX
- Intro to AOF Rules
- Advanced AOF Rules
- OPS/MVS TSO Commands
- Additional OPSVIEW Options
- Understanding and deploying OPSLOG WebView
- System State Manager
- Using the OPS/MVS UNIX System Services Interface
- Installing and Configuring OPS/MVS USS Support
- CICS Operation Facility (COF)
- IMS Operation Facility (IOF)
- External Product Interface (EPI)
- Relational Data Framework Overview
- Relational Data Framework Editor
- Structured Query Language
- System State Manager Overview
- Understanding and Migrating to the SSM Global Application
- Understanding the Schedule Manager
- Understanding the Group Manager