To accommodate new business initiatives, many organizations have deployed mission-critical applications across a wide array of mainframe and open system environments. This is possible when there is an emphasis on optimized workload automation—the effective administration and execution of jobs using centralized process control. CA Workload Automation AE r11.3.6 (CA Workload Automation AE) with CA Workload Control Center r11.4 SP3 (CA WCC) simplifies the delivery, availability, and performance of complex cross-platform workloads and schedules enterprise-wide. This course teaches you the knowledge and skills required to use CA Workload Automation AE effectively. Exercises relating to managing and scheduling jobs and creating and managing calendars will help you apply this knowledge to your work environment. Learning these skills will enable you to optimize workload management, increase productivity, reduce costs and meet service-level agreements.
Before taking this course, students should have a basic knowledge UNIX /Linux and Microsoft Windows.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for Operators, Job Schedulers, System Administrators, and Application Developers.
- Describe CA Workload Automation AE
- Schedule Jobs
- Create Views
- Modify Job Schedules on the Monitoring Tab
- Manage Jobs on the Resources Tab
- Specify Advanced Box Job Completion Attributes
- Perform Job Load Balancing
- Manage Events in the Event Management Console
- Manage CA Workload Automation AE from the Command‐line Interface Part I
- Manage CA Workload Automation AE from the Command‐ line Interface Part II
- Troubleshoot CA Workload Automation AE