The Certified Information Systems Security Auditor, C)ISSA , course covers the skills and knowledge to assess vulnerabilities, report on compliance and implement controls for private and public enterprises. Many organizations require an Information System Auditor’s expert knowledge when it comes to identifying critical issues and providing effective auditing solutions. Through the use of a risk-based approach, the C)ISSA is able to implement and maintain cost-effective security controls that are closely aligned with both business and industry standards.
Before taking this course, students should have one year in IS Management.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for IS Security Officers, IS Managers, Risk Managers, IS Systems Auditors, Information Systems Owners, IS Control Assessors, System Managers, and Government Employees.
- The Process of Auditing Information Systems
- Risk-Based Auditing
- Audit Planning and Performance
- IS Systems Auditor reports
- IT Governance and Management
- Systems Acquisition, Development and Implementation
- Systems Development Models
- Types of Specialized Business Applications
- Application Controls
- Information Systems Operations, Maintenance, and Support
- System and Communications