This course is designed for students with little previous ShareFile experience. Learn the skills required to implement ShareFile components including the ShareFile for Windows client, XenApp and XenDesktop client, and StorageZones. Learn to integrate ShareFile with key backend elements including Microsoft ADFS for single sign-on and understand the data flow behind it. Also learn to navigate the ShareFile control plane user interface. At the end of the course students will be able to configure and manage their ShareFile environments to address their Enterprise File Sharing and Sync requirements.
Students looking to deploy or manage ShareFile in their XenApp and XenDesktop environment will find Citrix ShareFile Enterprise Essentials to be a good compliment to CXD-203 Managing App and Desktop Solutions with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6, or CXD-300 Deploying App and Desktop Solutions with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6.
After completion of this course, students looking to expand their knowledge around ShareFile use in a XenMobile environment may consider taking course CXM-303 Deploying Enterprise Mobility Solutions with Citrix XenMobile. It covers broad XenMobile topics and focuses on the use of ShareFile within a Mobility Environment using XenMobile as the Identity Provider (IdP), for single sign-on.
The course utilizes the latest ShareFile component versions and includes new Citrix Education deliverable formats:
• A lab guide based on a Microsoft Word document with descriptive learning objectives for each exercise
• eCourseware including a variety of videos reviewing key concepts and demonstrating challenging configuration steps
• Environmental component including NetScaler 11, XenServer to 6.5.1, StorageZone Server 3.4, ShareFile UMT 1.7.6, and License Server 184.108.40.206
As part of this course, students will receive the following materials:
• Access to a lab environment for the duration of the course
• Lab exercise guide
• Access to final course deliverables once the course is available in general availability including copies of all official materials presented by the instructor with additional notes and references as well as videos with experts throughout Citrix around course topics and lab exercises.
Prior to taking this course, students should have taken the following: • CXD-103 Citrix XenDesktop 7 Tips and Tricks • PT0247 (CXD-203) Managing App and Desktop Solutions with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6 • PT1598 (CXD-300) Deploying App and Desktop Solutions with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6 It is also recommended to gain a basic understanding of the following concepts and technologies: • Windows Server administration • Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop • Microsoft Exchange and Outlook • Basic Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing • Basic Networking
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for students interested in learning how to implement ShareFile features using leading practice, specifically administrators, implementers / engineers, and architects.
Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing (EFSS) Overview