Loading Course Schedule...
This accelerated 5-day course is designed for experienced IT professionals to build the foundational administration aspects of installing, configuring and managing a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 environment. Learn about configuring policies, printing and basic security features as well as more advanced topics including Windows Environment Management (WEM) and App Layering. Gain an understanding of the solution architecture and communications, and the factors that contribute to a successful deployment. Monitoring and troubleshooting the environment with Citrix Director and Citrix Analytics is also incorporated in this course. In this course, you will learn the considerations and how-to setup a new Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop site including advanced topics as WEM and App Layering allowing fast-track preparation for the CCP-V certification.
Experience with previous versions of Citrix Virtual Apps or Citrix Virtual Desktops is beneficial due to the faster pace of this course.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
Built for experienced IT Professionals new to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 in an on-prem or Citrix Cloud environment looking to gain as much information as possible in the 5-day course.
- Architecture Overview
- Deploy the Site
- The Apps and Desktops Images
- Provision and Deliver App and Desktop Resources
- Provide Access to App and Desktop Resources
- Manage the User Experience
- Published App and Desktop Presentation and Management
- Manage Printing for User Sessions
- Citrix Profile Management
- Manage the Site
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Basic Security Considerations
- Monitor the Site
- Introduction to Supporting and Troubleshooting Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Migrate to Citrix Cloud
- Citrix Analytics
- Introduction to App Layering
- Create an OS Layer
- Create a Platform Layer
- Create App Layers
- Create Elastic App and User Layers
- Deploy a Layered Image using Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Explore Layer Priority and Maintain an App Layering Environment
- Introduction to Workspace Environment Management (WEM)
- Use WEM to Centralize Environment Management
- Use WEM for Performance Optimization
- Use WEM to Secure Environments
- Migrate and Upgrade WEM