The Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC), managed by The Cyber AB (formerly known as the CMMC Accreditation Body or the CMMC-AB), is a program through which an organization's cybersecurity program maturity is measured by its initial and ongoing compliance with applicable cybersecurity practices, as well as their integration of corresponding policies and plans into their overall business operations. Once rule-making has concluded and CMMC 2.0 has been implemented, all organizations providing products or services to the United States Department of Defense (DoD) must comply with the requirements of their applicable CMMC Level. This course prepares students for the Certified CMMC Professional (CCP) certification, which authorizes the holder to use The Cyber AB Certified CMMC Professional logo, to participate as an Assessment Team Member under the supervision of a Lead Assessor, and to be listed in the CMMC Marketplace. The CCP certification is also a prerequisite for the Certified CMMC Assessor (CCA) certification.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have some foundational education or experience in cybersecurity. The Cyber AB has established prerequisites for those who wish to apply for CCP certification, such as:
- College degree in a cyber or information technology field with 2+ years of experience; or
- 2+ years of equivalent experience (including military) in cyber, information technology, or assessment field.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab5
This course is a prerequisite for the Certified CMMC Professional program, and it prepares students for the Certified CMMC Professional (CCP) certification exam. Students might consider taking this course to learn how to perform CMMC certification readiness checks within their own organization, or as a consultant to other Organizations Seeking Certification (OSC). The CCP certification is also a required step toward becoming a Certified CMMC Assessor (CCA), so students might take this course to begin down the path toward CCA certification.
- Managing Risk within the Defense Supply Chain
- Handling Sensitive Information
- Ensuring Compliance through CMMC
- Performing CCP Responsibilities
- Scoping Certification and Assessment Boundaries
- Preparing the OSC
- Determining and Assessing Evidence
- Implementing and Evaluating Level 1
- Identifying Level 2 Practices
- Working through an Assessment