The purpose of this course is to provide the student with the necessary tools to create a logical business model and accompanying physical model and relational database schema using sound modeling theory, applied using ERwin.
No previous data processing experience is necessary. Familiarity with Microsoft Windows is recommended.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for data modelers, data architects, business analysts, application builders, DBA’s, and end users who will be participating in data modeling and database design, including those who may not be using ERwin, but do require an understanding of the process and fundamentals.
Introduction to Database Modeling and Database Design
- Logical Modeling
- Model Object Documentation
- Model Audit and Validation
- Model Presentation and publishing
- Advanced Modeling
- Physical Modeling and Database Design
- Building and Maintaining a Database
- Extended Modeling Functions
- Data Warehouse-Dimensional Modeling