In this course, you will be introduced to some general concepts and methodologies related to pen testing, and you will work your way through a simulated pen test for a fictitious company. This course can also assist you if you are pursuing the CompTIA PenTest+ certification, as tested in exam PT0-001. The course is designed to provide content and activities that correlate to the exam objectives, and therefore can be a resource as you prepare for the examination.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have:
- Intermediate knowledge of information security concepts, including but not limited to identity and access management (IAM), cryptographic concepts and implementations, computer networking concepts and implementations, and common security technologies.
- Practical experience in securing various computing environments, including small to medium businesses, as well as enterprise environments
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for IT professionals who want to develop penetration testing skills to enable them to identify information-system vulnerabilities and effective remediation techniques for those vulnerabilities. Target students who also need to offer practical recommendations for action to properly protect information systems and their contents will derive those skills from this course. This course is also designed for individuals who are preparing to take the CompTIA PenTest+ certification exam PT0-001, or who plan to use PenTest+ as the foundation for more advanced security certifications or career roles. Individuals seeking this certification should have three to four years of hands-on experience performing penetration tests, vulnerability assessments, and vulnerability management
- Planning and Scoping Penetration Tests
- Conducting Passive Reconnaissance
- Performing Non-Technical Tests
- Conducting Active Reconnaissance
- Analyzing Vulnerabilities
- Penetrating Networks
- Exploiting Host-Based Vulnerabilities
- Testing Applications
- Completing Post-Exploit Tasks
- Analyzing and Reporting Pen Test Results