The Official CompTIA PenTest+ Instructor and Student Guides teach the knowledge and skills to understand how to plan and scope a penetration testing engagement including vulnerability scanning, understand legal and compliance requirements, analyze results, and produce a written report with remediation techniques and prepare candidates to take the CompTIA PenTest+ certification exam.
There are no requirements, but it is recommended that attendees have experience in Network+, Security+, or equivalent knowledge as well as a minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for IT professionals who want to develop penetration testing skills to enable them to identify information-system vulnerabilities and effective remediation techniques for those vulnerabilities.
- Scoping Organizational/Customer Requirements
- Defining the Rules of Engagement
- Evaluating Human and Physical Vulnerabilities
- Preparing the Vulnerability Scan
- Scanning Logical Vulnerabilities
- Analyzing Scanning Results
- Avoiding Detection and Covering Tracks
- Exploiting the LAN and Cloud
- Testing Wireless Networks
- Targeting Mobile Devices
- 12 Systems
- Web Application-Based Attacks
- Performing System Hacking
- Scripting and Software Development
- Leveraging the Attack: Pivot and Penetrate
- Communicating During the PenTesting Process
- Summarizing Report Components
- Recommending Remediation
- Performing Post-Report Delivery Activities