The CompTIA Strata Fundamentals course is designed to help you prepare for the FC0-U41 exam. Attending this course and using this student guide will help you prepare for certification. You should also refer to the exam objectives to see how they map to the course content.
Basic end-user experience with personal computers and personal computer software is highly desirable.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
The CompTIA Strata Fundamentals: IT Technology course is targeted towards students completing their secondary education, considering the pursuit of a CompTIA A+ certification, and/or advanced home users who wish to further their IT knowledge. The CompTIA Strata Fundamentals: IT Technology exam is targeted to help professionals and students work efficiently in their current roles, or obtain the necessary skills to start off their career in information technology. It is ideal for: individuals who are not quite ready for CompTIA A+ certification, companies that need a degree of tech support but cannot afford a full technician, students who are taking a PC maintenance and repair course that could benefit from a recognized industry qualification, or individuals looking for a change in their career and want to get into the IT field.
- Getting Started with Computers
- System Unit Components
- Computer Peripherals
- Portable Computing Devices and Media Players
- Setting Up a Basic PC Workstation
- Working with Files and Folders
- Working with Software
- Network Technologies
- Working with the Internet
- Personal Computer Security Concepts
- Identifying Risks in Upgrading Systems
- Preventative Maintenance Techniques
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting a Basic PC Workstation