iOS app development is a valuable skill set for a programmer today. An important part of that skill set is the ability to create apps that protect you, your users, and your users' organizations from attack. In this course, you will learn why it is critical to build security into your iOS apps, how to improve your programming processes to promote security, and how to provide countermeasures for the numerous threats to which an iOS app and its users are exposed.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience developing native apps in iOS using Xcode and the Objective-C programming language. A general understanding of information technology security is also helpful, but not required.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
Students taking this course are software developers who are experienced with mobile app development in iOS and want to improve the security of apps they develop. Student have experience developing iOS apps, and are familiar with the iOS SDK, development tools, and processes. This course is also for students seeking the CompTIA Mobile App Security+ certification and want to prepare for the IOS-001 exam.
- The Rationale for IOS App Security
- The iOS Security Architecture
- Employing Secure Mobile App Development Strategies
- Accessing Local Processes and Devices Securely
- Securing Data Through Encryption
- Accessing Local Storage Securely
- Communicating with Networks and Web Services Securely
- Using the UIWebView Component Securely
- Protecting Credentials in Storage and Transit
- Hardening Apps Against Attack