Loading Course Schedule...
This course is designed to train system programmers new to MVS/ESA on the differences between MVS/XA and MVS/ESA and how to setup and initiate a conversion project. This course presents techniques and skills widely used by experienced MVS/ESA systems programmers.
The student must have experience/knowledge in MVS/XA Systems Programming.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for MVS/ESA system programmers.
- MVS/ESA architecture
- MVS/ESA PARMLIB differences
- HCD and dynamic I/O reconfiguration
- MVS/ESA operation considerations
- SMS implementation
- MVS/ESA performance differences
- PR/SM implementation
- MVS/ESA problem diagnostics
- JCL differences
- JES2 differences
- Advanced function printing