ColdFusion is the wildly popular server-side language that allows non-programmers to quickly produce data-driven websites. Since the content is stored in a database, the pages are created dynamically. In addition to learning basic ColdFusion techniques, you will learn basic database concepts using Microsoft Access, including how to create Data Source Names (DSN), SQL statements and relational database basics. We will use real-life examples to show you how to query the database using the
tag and display your resulting records using , , and more. Additionally, we will create an administration section that will allow you and your staff to add, edit or delete records in the database.
No previous database or programming experience is required. Knowledge of HTML is all you will need! In class we will write our code from scratch using Dreamweaver, ColdFusion Builder, CFEclipse or your favorite text editor.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
Students should have some experience with HTML. They should be able to write HTML tables and forms from scratch, format text and insert images. Experience with CSS and databases are a plus, but are not required. SQL experience is helpful, but not required.
- Introduction to ColdFusion
- ColdFusion Basics
- Dynamic Data Querying the Database
- Creating a Drill-down Interface
- Conditional Statements and Forms
- Quick Introduction to RSS and Ajax with
- Search Interface
- Insert Records into the Database
- Edit (Update) Database Records
- Reusing Code
- Using Session Variables for Password Protection
- Tracking User Information with Cookies (optional)
- Sending email with